Gas grills are famous for their convenient and reliable features. The gas grills cook faster and have a better temperature control system than any charcoal grills.
If you desire to enjoy the delicious grilling taste for years, a gas grill is the most suitable option!
Sure many expensive gas grills are available at markets, but why would someone like to purchase an expensive one as there’re many excellent performances and top quality grills are available at a reasonable price?
Our research team has tested many gas grills just to assist you in finding the best gas grills under $400.
Here, we reviewed the top five of them, including their features, specifications, videos, pros, cons, FAQs, and more. Let’s pick smart and be smart!
Which gas grill is better, propane or natural gas?
As for cooking performance, there is no difference between natural and propane gas grills.
However, propane grills are widely loved for their ease of use. You can effortlessly move your propane grill around the backyard, garden, lawns, etc.
In comparison, it’s convenient to have a grill with a natural gas option if you have a natural gas supply line at your grill’s location.
Some people only grill a few times a year. Here, having a propane fuel grill may be more convenient. On the other hand, a gas grill will be an excellent consideration for those who grill a lot all year round.
So, in the end, it’s a matter of your personal preferences.
Related: Best Propane Grill Under $200.
Best Gas Grill Under 400 Dollars In 2023 –Reviews
After spending hours researching and reviewing, our research/review team comes with five top-rated & the best gas grills under 400 dollars in 2023. Pick up one to make your outdoor cooking tasks better.
Here are the in-depth reviews of the top-rated & best gas grills under 400 dollars available in 2023.
- Brand: Cuisinart
- Cooking Area: 662 sq.inches
- Item weight: 67.2 pounds
- Item Dimension: 31.3 x 34.4 x 32.67 inches
- Ulta Cooking Power
- Spacious Cooking Space
- Easy Ignition System
- Extra Working Space
- Built To Last
- Easy To Move
- Cast Iron Grates
Expand your grilling experience with this Cuisinart Gas grill. This gas grill is durable enough for regular cookouts. With its spacious cooking space, you can serve mouth-watering food to a large gathering of family or friends.
It comes with five independently controlled powerful burners with one extra side burner. One of its most quick and reliable features is its twist-to-start ignition system, enabling you to ignite the burner with a single push.
Its unique cart style, durable steel construction, and convenient features make it a popular and traditional gas grill ever. Apart from its shape, it features two large durable wheels for effortless mobility around the yard, patio, terrace. Let’s recap its unique features!
- Ulta Cooking Power: 5 stainless steel powerful burners, each of which produces 10,000 BTUs cooking power(total 50,000BTUs), one extra stainless steel side burner which produces 12,000 BTUs cooking power and is perfect for clams, stews, corn, and more.
- Spacious Cooking Space: It finishes with 460 sq. inches of primary grilling space with an extra 202 sq. inches of warming space of warming rack.
- Easy Ignition System: It features a quick and reliable twist-to-start ignition system that allows you to ignite burners with a single push.
- Built To Last: Stainless steel construction, including the lid, side table, burners, temperature gauge, and front carrying handle, make it durable enough for years of use. Cast iron heavy-duty grates retain heat more efficiently.
- Extra Working Space: Designed with two durable steel side tables that offer ample space for cooking utensils and food prep while grilling.
- Easy To Move: Two large durable wheels assist you to conveniently move the grill around the yard, garden, or patio.
- Brand: Cuisinart
- Cooking Area: 240 sq. inch
- Item weight: 45 pounds
- Item Dimension: 42.8 x 21 x 36 inches
- More features than many large grills
- Ideal for outdoor gatherings
- Grill like a professional
- Collapsible stand
- Two folding side shelves
- Twist-to-start ignition technology
Well, this model of Cuisinart is perfectly matched with your desire. Its roll-away legs make it ultra-portable (just like a rolling carry bag), making it relatively easy to go anywhere.
One of its best things is that it offers you ample grilling space in a portable size that seems unfair. It is perfect for tailgating, picnics, and camping and is used for grilling all food pizza, bread, vegetables, seafood, meat, and more!
It spread heat more efficiently around the porcelain-enameled cast grates, so there are no cold spots. You will also get a twist-to-start electric ignition mode that eliminates the need for matchsticks.
Overall, the Cuisinart CGG-240 gas grill is masterminded to produce more heat than any other large gas grill under $400. We promise this gas grill with durable construction will serve you for many years.
- Perfect Space: Constructed with porcelain-coated cast iron grill grates, which provide 240 square inches of grilling space. And double-layered stainless steel top makes it heat efficient(consumes less fuel) and spread heat evenly inside.
- Power Burner: Featured a stainless steel powerful burner that generates 15,000 BTU. It also featured with reliable and quick Twist-to-start electric ignition system that makes it straightforward to ignite the burner without any matchsticks.
- Extra Working Space: Two stainless steel foldable shelves provide you with ample prep space. For comfortable mobility, simply fold back side shelves when not in use.
- Easy Temperature Control: Built-in double-walled stainless steel lid, thermometer, and porcelain-coated cast iron grill grates assist in providing accurate temperature for a great grilling experience.
- Easy To Move: Collapsible stand with two large durable wheels plus foldable side shelves and cool-touch handle provide you effortless mobility and make it ideal portable for picnics, tailgating, camping, or any other outing.
- Easy To Clean: Finished with a drip-tray to collect dripping and grease and offers you quick and easy cleanup after every use.
- Brand: Char-Griller
- Cooking Area: 630 square inches
- Item weight: 88 pounds
- Item Dimension: 48 x 28 x 48 inches
- Convenient Propane Cooking
- Solid and Durable Construction
- Plenty of Grill Space
- Heavy Steel Construction
- Electronic Ignition
- Durable powder-coated finish
It is equipped with 3 powerful burners with an extra side burner so that you can grill food simultaneously. This grill comes with an electronic ignition mode for a reliable and quick start-up, making it straightforward to ignite the burners.
Its heavy steel construction, porcelain-coated cast iron grill grates, and powder-coated finish make it ultra-durable and weather resistant.
Overall, this gas grill is ideal for both beginners and pros.
- Large Cooking Space: Porcelain-coated cast iron grill with 438 sq. inch and warming rack with 192 sq. inches provide ample cooking space. In addition, the side burner offers you extra space for a side dish at the same time.
- Ultra Powerful Burners: It equips three powerful burners, which offer 40,800 BTUs, while the extra side burner produces another 12,000 BTUs.
- Easy Ignition Technology: For an easy, quick, and safe start-up, this grill features an electronic ignition system that will assist you in ignites the burners with a single push.
- Heavy Durable Construction: Heavy steel construction and powder-coated finish is built to last. Also, the porcelain-coated cast iron grill grate is super durable for years of use.
- Extra Working Space: Attached side shelf and tool hooks offer you additional food prep space or to keep the cooking tool in arm’s reach.
- Easy Temperature Control: Two large smoke-stacks with a heat gauge on the cover will assist you in controlling temps accurately.
- Easy To Move: Two large wheels and an innovative cart style will let you move it effortlessly around the backyard, garden patios.
Also, Check the Best Charcoal Grill Under $300.
- Brand: Char-Broil
- Cooking Area: 450 sq. inches
- Item weight: 98 Pounds
- Item Dimension: 54.1 x 23.4 x 45.5 inches
- No Flare-Ups
- No Hot or Cold Spots
- Even Heat Across the Cooking Surface
- Stainless Steel Burners & Heat Tents
- Exclusive Stainless Steel Design
- Fast & Reliable Startups
- Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauge
If you love the juicy taste of food and want a rust-resistant, durable gas grill, this model of Char-Broil with TRU-Infrared technology is the fittest choice for you. It comes with TRU-Infrared technology that blocks flare-ups and disperses heat beyond the grill grates (means no chance of food burning, though it cooks juicier food)
Its entire stainless steel surface makes it rust-resistant and super durable. It is also equipped with 3 stainless steel burners and one extra side burner to cook food simultaneously.
Most of its users love its innovative design and convenient features, so whether you’re a pro or beginner, you can grill food for your family or friends with confidence and comfort. So let’s recap its convenient features;
- TRU-Infrared Technology: It features TRU technology that is used to prevent flare-ups and deliver heat evenly. (no hot or cold spots and end-result juicier and more delicious food every time)
- Stainless Steel Burners: Three stainless steel primary burners which generate 24,000 BTUs and are durable for long-lasting. In addition, a lid-mounted side burner can generate 10,000 BTUs and is ideal for side dishes.
- Fast & Reliable: Push-to-start electronic ignition system offers a quick and safe way to light the burners.
- Long-Lasting Construction: Exclusive durable stainless steel finish with porcelain coated grill grates make it a long-lasting unit, rust-resistant, and will serve you the juicy taste of food for years.
- Perfect Grilling Space: 430 sq. inches of primary grilling space with an extra swingable warming rack and side burner offers plenty of room to grill 24 hamburgers at once. Also, it is equipped with two stainless steel long-lasting side shelves for food prep and more.
- Easy Heat Monitoring: Lid-mounted stainless steel temperature gauge and TRU technology make it easy to control and monitor heat while grilling.
You might need Best Electric Grill For Balcony.
- Brand: Dyna-Glo
- Cooking Area: 507 square inches
- Item weight: 74.14 Pounds
- Item Dimension: 49.14 x 22.82 x 45.05 inches
- Ample prep & work space
- Bring the heat
- Heats up fast
- Easy ignition technology
- Heavy-duty surface
- Total control at your fingertips
- Mind your meat
You will get smart and innovative construction that seems ideal for small patios, decks, and small space living. Its cast-iron grill grates retain heat while high-gloss and porcelain-coated black finish are relatively easy to clean and delivers direct heat to food.
One of its most worthy features is its collapsible side table that allows you to free more space when not in use. Thanks to its push-to-start electro-pulse ignition technology that lets you ignite the burner with ease. Overall, this compact design unit offers you maximum cooking power and maximum cooking space at an affordable price.
- Maximum Cooking Power: Three powerful stainless steel burners generate 36000 BTUs of even heat. It’s equipped with quick, reliable, and easy-push electro-pulse combustion technology that makes it straightforward to ignite the burners.
- Maximum Working Space: Two collapsible steel finish side tables provide you ample working and prep space. Also, the attached tool hooks able you to keep tools in arms access while grilling.
- Easy Heat Control: Attached stainless steel thermometer on the lid will assist you with accurate temps control, and an easy-to-read gauge lets you monitor temps to achieve perfect sear food.
- Heavy-Duty Surface: Cast-iron grates, high-gloss black finish, and porcelain-coated finish make it super-durable and also assist in delivering heat directly to food for fast cooking.
- Best Grilling Space: 390 sq. inches of primary 117 sq. inches of secondary grilling space of warming rack(total 507 sq. inches) provides you maximum cooking space, ideal for serving a large gathering.
- Best Air Fryer For 2 People
- Best Charcoal Grills Under $1000
- Best Charcoal Grill Under $500
- Best Blender For Vegans & Vegetarians
Which is the best gas grill to buy under $400?
For your consideration, the Cuisinart CGG-8500 is the best grill to buy under this price tag. This high-quality grill comes with a combo of considerable cooking space and convenient features.
It also includes extra features like a side burner, a warming rack, a reliable ignition system, and side tables that boost your overall grilling experience.
Buying Guide: how to find the best gas grill under $400?
When looking for a standard gas grill under 400 dollars, multiple choices of gas grills available in the markets might overwhelm you.
Therefore, we’ve shared a comprehensive buying direction to assist you in guiding what to consider before making a purchase.
There is no difference in performance between natural and propane gas grills.
However, if you are only looking at fuel cost, natural gas is a cheaper option for you if the natural gas line is available at the location of your grill. If it is not available, give preference to propane over natural gas for saving fuel costs.
Consider a grill that comes with three burners for direct and indirect cooking and consistent heat distribution. More burners also offer you the versatility to grill different items at one time using different temperatures. Consider burners made of stainless steel, which are more durable than cast iron or aluminum.
Think about the people you might want to cook for and the space available for the grill. Once you have these factors in mind, get one that fits conveniently and safely.
The thickness of the metal, the quality of the material, and all the fittings play a vital part in determining how long the grill will last. By considering all these factors, you can get something durable. Also, the high-quality grills effectively retain heat, making it easier for you to cook even and fast.
Do you want side tables? What about a side burner, multiple cooking surfaces, a drip tray, and a temperature gauge?
Look for one that is easy to use, easy to maintain, and effortless to move. Consider all these features to make the grilling process as smooth as possible.
A gas grill is the most convenient option to enjoy regular and healthy cookouts with family and friends. Gas grills also have a time-saving edge over charcoal grills because they only require a single push to ignite the burner and have less ash to clean.
We reviewed the top-rated gas grills available in the market and made a final list to assist our readers. The products we reviewed in this article will assist you in cooking your favorite meet and last for years. If you purchase any of the products now, you can grill for years.
Take my guide, choose the best gas grill under 400 dollars, and make it worthwhile investing in the grill.
If you found it helpful, sharing it with others will be great. 🙂