The best grilling season, summer, is going on, and if you have plans for regular indoor or outdoor grilling parties to enjoy with family and friends, then a liquid propane gas grill is the best option.
But why only a propane grill is a suitable option and why not the regular gas grill or charcoal grill though they also available at affordable prices in markets?
The answer is quite simple, propane grills have more than twice BTU power as natural gas grills, and these grills consume less propane than natural gas. Furthermore, you can cook healthy and save more time than any charcoal grill.
2. Our Favorite: Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Propane Tabletop Grill
3. Best Value: Masterbuilt SH19030819 Propane Tabletop Grill
4. Best Portable: Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill
5. Professional Grill: MASTER COOK 3 Burner BBQ Stainless Steel Propane Gas Grill
6. Best Quality: American Gourmet 463773717 Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Many low and best-quality propane grills under $200 are available in markets. Picking the most suitable one may challenge you.
Therefore, we have reviewed the six trustable, most popular, and best propane grills under 200 dollars that indeed met your expectations.
Check out below detailed reviews, features, pros, cons, videos, and specifications to pick the perfect one for you.
How to use a propane grill for the first time?
To begin with, you need to hook up the gas hose tightly with a regulator and turn the gas on. Now, ignite the burners using the igniter.
Once lit, turn all the burners at the highest point, close the lid, and preheat it for about 10 to 15 minutes. After preheating, you can reduce the heat required for your food by adjusting the burner.
Lay the food on the grill’s grates and let it cook for several minutes. Once you are done cooking, shut off all the burners and double-check the control knobs to ensure no more gas flowing.
Finally, it’s time for you to enjoy your first meal cooked on a propane grill!
Best Propane Grill Under 200 Dollars In 2023 –Reviews
After spending hours researching and reviewing, our research/review team comes with seven top-rated & best propane grills under $200 in 2023. Pick one to enjoy grilling with friends.
Here are the in-depth reviews of the top-rated & propane grill under 200 dollars available in 2023.
1. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
- Brand: Weber
- Cooking Area: 189 sq. inches
- Item Weight: 27.5 pounds
- Item Dimensions: 20.5 x 27 x 23.5 inches
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron coated grates
- Glass-reinforced nylon frame
- Cast aluminum lid and body
- Removable catch pan
- Infinite control burner valve
- Push button ignition
Weber’s name is recognized for its top-quality grills, especially propane grills. That’s why you find this brand on the top of every best grill list, like ours.
This Weber Liquid Propane Grill is a highly recommended and has a perfect size that covers 189 sq. inches of total cooking space, enough to grill up to 6 hamburgers and chicken patties at once.
Apart from its unique design, this liquid propane grill comes with porcelain-glazed cast iron cooking beds and is constructed with a cast aluminum body and lid that assure durability even at high temperatures.
Its rounded shape, lightweight and small size is suitable for both indoor and open-air grilling parties. The burner can generate 8500BTU heat within an hour to heat cooking space and not consume plenty of fuel. One of the convenient things is it doesn’t require time-taking assembly as it already comes with a fully assembled.
- POWERFULL BURNER: One large stainless burner can generate 8500BTU heat within an hour, and grills take roundabout 15 minutes to get up to temp.
- DURABLE CAST-IRON GRATES: Comes with porcelain-surfaced removable cast-iron grates that assure durability and can be easily removed or assembled back for effortless cleanup.
- CAST-ALUMINUM CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with a versatile cast aluminum body and lid, make it entirely durable for years of use.
- PERFECT COOKING-SPACE: A cooking space of 189 sq. inches is enough to grill up to 6 hamburgers and is ideal for four people.
- PUSH BUTTON: Straightforward to operate the push-button spark process offers you reliable starts.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Featured with a convenient drip tray that is easily removable for an easy cleaning system.
- SUPER-PORTABLE: Compact size and lightweight makes it super-portable while camping, fishing, tailgating, or for any outing.
2. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Propane Tabletop Grill
- Brand: Cuisinart
- Cooking Area: 276.75 square inches
- Item Weight: 22.04 Pounds
- Item Dimensions: 21.5 x 19 x 15 inches
- All stainless-steel construction
- More control over heat
- A lifetime of enjoyment
- Ready to use in minutes
- Perfect for large cuts of meat
- Made for people who love to grill
Are you looking for an ultra-durable propane grill under $200 that built to last?
Well, This Cuisinart CGG-306 Propane Grill is the perfect option for under 200 dollars. Cuisinart entirely constructed this tabletop grill with heavy-duty stainless steel that makes it the best durable grill at an affordable price.
They designed it lightweight, and its innovative size makes it fantastic portable; grab it, call your family or friend, and go anywhere you want. Moreover, it featured two burners, each producing 10000 BTUs, and allows you to grill two foods simultaneously.
Cuisinart CGG-306 Propane Grill doesn’t require annoying assembly. You need less than 10 minutes to set it and to ready for grilling. Overall, it comes with more features than any other large and expensive propane grills. Let’s check out the valuable features below.
- BUILT TO LAST: Entire heavy stainless steel construction, including burners, lid, grate, legs, firebox, and grates that won’t rust, crack, and serves an existence of enjoyment.
- TWO-POWERFUL-BURNERS: It comes with two stainless steel burners and produces 20000BTU’s per burner with a twist-start automatic electronic ignition system—no more need for matchsticks.
- LARGE COOKING-SURFACE: Stainless steel grates conduct heat more efficiently and give you 276.75 sq. inches of total cooking space that is enough to whole grill chicken, significant cuts of meat, briskets, and turkey.
- SIMULTANEOUS GRILLING EXPERIENCE: Offers you two different temps grilling experiences at a time. Now you can simultaneously smoke meat on hot burner and roast vegetables on a moderate burner.
- FULL CONTROL OVERHEAT: Built with stainless thermometer and adjustable knobs, assist you to monitor temps at a glance plus control heat precisely at any point while warming, searing, baking, roasting.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Featured with a stainless drip tray to collect dripping while grilling and quite useful for easy cleanup.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: Finished with limited size, lightweight 22.04 pounds, comfortable stainless steel grip handle, and folding legs make it ultra-portable to take anywhere comfortably and quite perfect for camping, tailgating, beachside, picnic.
3. Masterbuilt SH19030819 Propane Tabletop Grill
- Brand: Masterbuilt
- Item Weight: 17.8 pounds
- Cooking Area: 288 sq. inches
- Item Dimensions: 17.24 x 27.36 x 12.08 inches
- Uses 16oz. disposable cylinder (not included)
- Easy to use push button
- Easy to use push button
Again here is a portable, stainless steel, and durable propane grill with some limited features compared to Cuisinart CGG-306. This Masterbuilt Propane Tabletop Grill comes up with stainless steel cooking grates, including chrome-plated warming rack, and covers an ample cooking space of 288 sq. inches in total.
Some of its extraordinary features like small size, lightweight, folding legs, front carry handle, and lockable lid make it pretty much portable allows you to experience cooking outside anywhere you like it most.
Overall, they manufactured it with one stainless steel U-shaped burner with a pretty easy push-button ignition system. This one burner gas grill can generate about 10,000 BTU heat and takes a few minutes to heat the cooking grates.
- BUILT TO LAST: All durable stainless steel construction that won’t rust, crack, or peel and provides you long-lasting performance.
- ONE-POWERFUL BURNER: It comes with one powerful U-shaped burner. Even with one burner, this model generates 10,000 BTU heat.
- VAST COOKING SURFACE: It provides you with 288 sq. inches of complete food space, including stainless steel grates and a chrome-plated warming rack. This cooking space is enough to grill several foods at once.
- PUSH-BUTTON IGNITION: It featured easy-to-use push-button ignition that quickly and hassle-free lights the burner with no matchsticks.
- PORTABLE & FOLDING LEGS: Comes with lightweight (17.8pounds), stainless steel foldable legs, lockable lid, front carry handle that make this grill easy to store or transport, and pretty much portable to go for any outing like camping, tailgating, boating, and picnics.
- EASY TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Built-in stainless steel temperature meter allows you to monitor and control precise temps at any point under 800 degrees.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Designed with a thin stainless steel drip plate to gather dripping and enable hassle-free cleanup.
You might need The Best Air Fryer For One Person.
4. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable TRU-Infrared Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Brand: Char-Broil
- Item Weight: 20 pounds
- Cooking Space: 200 sq. inches
- Item Dimensions: 23.7 x 15 x 13.6 inches
- Powered by Propane
- Stainless Steel – Procelain coated grates
- Temperature Meter & Lights with Ease
- Ultimate Durability
- Designed for Grilling on the Go
- Even Heat Across the Cooking Surface
This Char-Broil Propane grill is exclusively made up of cast aluminum that carries more warmth than stainless steel. In addition, it comes with TRU-infrared technology that is useful to disperse heat uniformly over the grill. This infrared technology also reduces flare-ups that prevent food from burning.
Char-Broil designed it with convenient size, lightweight, and side carrying cool-touch handles make it best portable and perfect for grilling your favorite food on the go. One of its best features is this comes with a cast aluminum construction that conducts more heat and consumes less fuel while grilling.
Overall, this unit covers a 200 sq. inches grilling space with a sturdy stainless steel grate. This portable grill instantly warms up to cook chicken, burgers, vegetables, and more with a burner powered by a 9500 BTU heat that is very easy to ignite with push-button.
- TRU-INFRARED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with TRU- infrared technology that is quite effective to prevent flare-ups. Further, it offers you faster cooking time, less consumption of fuel, 100% even heat, and more juicer food taste.
- BUILT-TO-LAST: Cast aluminum firebox with stainless steel cover plus grates make this grill durable enough for years of use
- PERFECT COOKING SPACE: Features lots of grilling space (200sq. inches) among stainless steel food grates; That space is ideal for eight burgers at once.
- FULL HEAT CONTROL: Lid mounted temperature gauge enables you to control and monitor inside heat while grilling. It can easily adjust the burners with infrared cooking technology to provide low heat or high warmth uniformly over the grilling space.
- BURNER AND IGNITION SYSTEM: Durable stainless steel burner can effortlessly ignite by push-button and powered by 9500 BTU heat—Save your time and grill fast.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE: Like the other models, it also featured lightweight, compact size, lockable lid, two heat-resistant handles that make it the best portable propane grill under 200 and ideal for any trip with family or friends.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Designed with a front removable drip pan to collect dripping and grease and assist you with hassle-free cleanup.
Check also: Best Blender For Bodybuilders
5. MASTER COOK 3 Burner BBQ Stainless Steel Propane Gas Grill
- Brand: Zefeel
- Item Weight: 46.7 pounds
- Cooking Space: 471 sq. inches
- Item Dimensions: 27.7 x 22.7 x 17.2 inches
- 30000 BTU Stainless Steel Burner
- Extra-Large Cooking Area
- Stainless Steel Control Panel
- Metal Foldable Side Shelves
If you are looking for an extra-large propane grill for under $200, then this product of Master Cook is the fittest option for you. It comes with 471.8 sq. inches of the total cooking area including, 339 sq. inches for a primary grill and 132.8 sq. inches for a warming rack.
This large space is the perfect pick to enjoy the most favorite outdoor cooking with a large family or large gathering around a garden, terrace, backyard, and balcony.
Master cook built this large size grill by keeping effortless mobility as the top-most priority. That’s why this large grill features two heavy-duty wheels for excellent mobility. Apart from its size, it comes with three powerful stainless steel burners powered by 30,000 BTU in an hour, integrated with a quick-startup piezoelectric ignition system.
- VAST COOKING SPACE: Featured with porcelain-enameled cooking grates that provide an ample surface area of 471.8 square inches in total, including 339 sq. inches for a primary grill and 132.8 sq. inches for a warming rack and is enough to grill food for the whole family at once.
- POWERFUL BURNERS: Specially designed with three powerful stainless steel burners, you can produce 30,000 BTU within an hour and allow you to quickly and easily start with the turn and push of the control knob.
- DURABLE STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Exclusively constructed with stainless steel, including with control panel, lid handle, thermometer, this versatile construction makes it highly durable for years of grilling.
- EASY IGNITION SYSTEM: Piezoelectric ignition system allows you quick and hassle-free startup. The ignition system can adjust the control knobs integrated with the burner to control maximum and minimum heat.
- FOLDABLE SIDE SHELVES: Two foldable metal side shelves are durable enough that won’t crack or rust and offer you massive storage space for cooking tools plus to store food on them.
- MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Perfect size firebox and reliable thermometer on the cover provide you ultimate temperature control, and it also assists you in making well sear food every time.
- EASY TO GO: Two heavy-duty 6-inch large wheels and two foldable side shelves provide hassle-free mobility around the backyard, patio, terrace, and gardens.
You might need The Best Heavy Duty Charcoal Grills.
6. American Gourmet 463773717 Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Brand: Char Broil
- Item Weight: 48.5 pounds
- Item Dimensions: 24.1 x 51.2 x 43.5 inches
- Porcelain-Coated Steel Lid & Firebox
- Wheels & Metal Side Shelves
- Piezo Ignition
- Stainless Steel Inline Burners
- 360 sq. in. Primary Cooking Space
Again here is an extra-large propane grill with multifunction at an affordable price. So, If you require a large cooking space to enjoy grilling parties with an enormous family either a large gathering, this vast space unit with an extra warming rack and side burner is just made to fulfill your requirement.
Its innovative design and two large, durable wheels offer effortless transport and mobility around the backyard, patio, garden, terrace, and more. Moreover, you can maximize your cooking experience by cooking two foods at different temp sources (Side burner and Primary cooking surface).
Overall, three burners with quick and reliable piezoelectric ignition technology and porcelain-coated stainless steel construction give you fast and regular cookouts even in harsh weather.
- SPACIOUS COOKING AREA: Features 360 square inches of cooking surface space for food with porcelain-coated sturdy grates that provide you enough space to grill 15 burgers at formerly. 8,000 BTU rear burner is helpful for warming sauces and other dishes while grilling.
- SECONDARY COOKING AREA: Comes with 170 square inches swing-able warming rack that provides you with additional space for cooking purposes, such as better for toasting buns.
- BURNERS AND IGNITION TECHNOLOGY: Made of 3 steel inline burners, each produces 10,000 BTU heat within an hour (30,000 BTU total) and ideal for low or high heat control. For reliable and quick burner start-ups, it featured piezoelectric push-button ignition technology.
- DURABLE-CONSTRUCTION: Grill grates, lid, and firebox are manufactured of porcelain-coated steel to make it durable enough for long-lasting performance and the regular cookout.
- STORAGE SPACE AND MOBILITY: Strong metal shelves give you excellent food prep space. It features two durable 6-inch enormous wheels that allow you effortless mobility and transport around the yard, patio, garden, and more!
- Best Air Fryer For 2 People
- Best Charcoal Grills Under $1000
- Best Charcoal Grill Under $500
- Best Charcoal Grill Under $300
How long do cheap propane grills last?
Of course, expensive propane grills will last longer, but you can get longer life than even cheaper grills if you take care of that. The lifespan of any grill directly depends on how well the owner takes care of it.
However, the average lifespan of a cheap propane grill is between 3 to 5 years.
How many BTUs does a small propane grill require?
The number of BTUs required to reach high temps on any gas grill directly depends on the grill’s cooking area. The smaller propane grills can produce higher cooking temperatures with very low BTUs.
In contrast, a large grill requires more BTUs to reach maximum cooking temperature. However, a standard BTU capacity required for any gas grill is between 75 to 100 BTUs per sq. inch.
Buying Guide: What should I look for in the best propane grill under $200?
Here are some considerations for choosing a perfect propane grill:
A propane grill with hot or cold zones challenges even cooking. You can roast or cook meals evenly with a propane grill that effectively spreads heat across the cooking space.
Consider a propane grill with a powerful burner, heavy-duty grates that distribute heat wisely, and a well-insulated lid for better heat retention within the closed grill. All these features will help in even heating.
A propane grill that anyone desire to use for years, not for a season, should be built with a heavy-duty, rust-resistant material such as stainless steel or cast aluminum.
A propane grill made of superior-quality materials will also retain heat well, encouraging even heat distribution.
Avoid a propane grill with brief intervals where edges match. All fittings and plumbing should bind strongly and be well-designed to keep dripping juices and fat aside from the direct fires.
Electric igniters should be secure, too.
The bottom line is that by considering all these factors, find a propane grill that you can use with children nearby without fear of flare-ups or a gas leak.
Any little extra you can get in a propane grill under $200 will be nice to have. For instance, a side burner expands your cooking area, ideal for boiling water and making side dishes, sauces, etc.
If your grill has side tables, you can prepare food on them. A detachable drip tray makes cleaning a breeze. Also, the temperature gauge is worth mentioning for better temperature control.
Propane grills can save us more time than charcoal grills. They are also easy to clean units. So, to enjoy more time grilling with friends, you need a propane grill.
But finding a suitable option in a limited budget is an issue.
It is why SmartKitchens.Review compiled this guide to assist you in finding the best propane grill under 200 dollars. If you pick the one from the models mentioned above, it will give you optimal performance for years.
We always look forward to assisting our readers so that they can make the right choice.