An enormous charcoal grill easily handles every hungry crew, having the best extra large charcoal grill will guarantee you no one will go back hungry.
If you’re searching for an extra-large charcoal grill for your big family or buddies who love to enjoy the smokey, tender flavor of charcoal, then you are at the right place.
Here we’ve picked out our top favorite X-large charcoal grills that are affordable too.
We discussed here detailed information, videos, specifications, features, pros, and cons about these 5 most popular products. It will let you pick the best large charcoal grill for you.
Are bigger grills better?
A giant grill means a large cooking area. Bigger charcoal grills provide extra cooking space. It is why bigger grills are highly recommended for parties, gatherings, and large families.
So, if you have a big family to feed or host gatherings, a bigger grill is a must-have for you. A bigger grill is like a one-time cost that will give us a quality of time for years.
However, the build quality of a unit entirely depends on the price and brand you are buying. The higher-end models offer an excellent build quality, thicker grates, a more extended warranty, and gliding drawers.
How to find the best extra large charcoal grills?
There are many cheap and expensive grills are available in markets when it comes to finding a charcoal grill in large size. But it isn’t easy to find which is the best model.
For that, you need to know which features are worth considering and which ones are worthless. Consider the grill’s longevity, versatility, and ensure how well it performs.
So if you are not sure which one to buy, let me suggest one that works best for you.
Below, I’ve compiled the five best extra large grills with a comprehensive buying guide, pros, and cons. This complete guide will assist you in making a final choice today.
Best Extra Large Charcoal Grill In 2023 –Reviews
After spending hours researching and reviewing, our research/review team comes with 7 top-rated & the best extra-large charcoal grills in 2023. Pick up one to make your outdoor cooking tasks better.
Here are the in-depth reviews of the top-rated & best extra-large charcoal grills available in 2023.
- Brand: Char-Griller
- Cooking Area: 1063 sq In
- Item Weight: 40 Kilograms
- Item Dimensions: 49 x 29 x 50 inches
- Sturdy Construction
- Total Control Convenient Storage
- Easy Clean Up
- Heavy steel
- Huge charcoal grill area 1063 sq. inches
- Adjustable fire grate
Honestly, its spacious cooking surface with convenience features makes it worthwhile.
Having an enormous charcoal grill maybe results in difficulty to move but not for this grill, because its reasonable weight and durable two wheels make it effortless to move around patios, yards, etc.
Overall, not only is this charcoal grill popular for its extra-large size, but it is also popular for its additional convenient features.
- Heavy sturdy steel construction and powder-coated finish increase its durability.
- Enormous 1063 square inches of cooking space in total.
- A flexible fire grate assist user in temperature control.
- It comes with three side shelves that give extra storage to place important things in reach.
- Its ash pan is removable, which gives a straightforward cleaning.
- Smokestack, dampers, and temperature gauges are featured for warmth control.
We also reviewed it under Best Charcoal Grills Under $300 .
- Brand: Char-Broil
- Cooking Space: 1060 sq. inch
- Item Weight: 204.6 Pounds
- Item Dimensions: 31.5 x 74 x 50.6 inches
- Combo Charcoal/Gas Grills Smoker
- Ultimate Versatility
- Smoke and Heat Control
- Storage Shelf
- Lid-Mounted Temperature Gauges
- Firebox Access Door
- Cool Touch Handles
This extra-large charcoal/LP gas grill has its uniqueness. Its construction finishes with heavy solid stainless steel and porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates for long-lasting use. You’ve both possibilities; either you cook on a charcoal grill or a gas grill. 6 cast-iron grates offer you a huge cooking section of 1060 square inches in total.
Furthermore, this Oklahoma Joe’s grill is made for multi-purpose cooking with two separate cooking zones, a side burner, and an offset firebox. It offers you vast cooking capacity to cook delicious food at different temperatures same time.
This extremely-large charcoal/LP gas grill has its uniqueness. Its construction finishes with heavy solid steel and porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates for long-lasting use. You’ve both possibilities; either you cook on a charcoal grill or a gas grill. 6 cast-iron grates offer you a huge cooking capacity of 1060 square inches in total.
- Vast cooking area 1060 sq. inch in total, 750 sq. inch of the primary cell and other 310 sq. an inch of attached firebox chamber.
- Designed with charcoal grill and gas grill separately with an additional offset firebox and side gas burner.
- Separate cooking chambers; Charcoal chamber, gas chamber, side burner, and equal firebox best for high-capacity smoking, gas grilling, and charcoal grilling.
- Versatile adjustable dampers, smokestack, and separate lid-mounted temperature gauges for both chambers make it heat efficient and can easily control airflow.
- Built-in cool-touch spring steel handles which protect your hands from heat.
- Two gigantic wheels for effortless mobility in outdoor cooking tasks.
- The storage shelf below the cooking chamber offers you more space for fuel or cooking utensils.
We also reviewed it under Best Charcoal Grills Under $1000 .
- Brand: Char-Griller
- Cooking Area: 830 sq. inches
- Item Weight: 113 Pounds
- Item Dimensions: 62 x 29 x 50 inches
- Sturdy Construction
- Total Control Convenient Storage
- Easy Clean Up
- Solid steel
- Huge charcoal grill area 830 sq. inches
- Adjustable fire grate
Smokin Pro is traditionally a huge charcoal grill that you can get at an affordable price. It is built with powder-coated heavy gauge sturdy steel. It offers you a spacious cooking area of 830 sq. inches in total you have two options to cook food, either on the main chamber or on the attached side firebox.
E1224 is straightforward to use and is best for both Beginners and Pros. Even every beginner can easily control inside heat with adjustable dampers and adjustable fire grates.
Overall, if you wish to have an extremely large charcoal grill for smoking and grilling at an affordable price this might be a meaningful option for you.
- Traditional more cooking space of 830 sq. inches in total; 580 sq. inches of primary and 250 square inches of the side firebox.
- Ultra-durable with heavy solid steel and powder-coated construction.
- Made of cast iron grates which give you perfect sear food.
- Easy temperature control with the adjustable charcoal grate, just scrolls it up or down as you need.
- Simple to maintain heat with adjustable dampers and heat gauges.
- The dump ash catcher pan offers you an easy ash clean-up system.
- Two storage shelves made of woody material.
- Two gigantic wheels for effortless mobility.
- Brand: GHP Group
- Cooking Area: 816 square inches
- Item Weight: 112 pounds
- Item Dimensions: 60.22 x 50.51 x 28.16 inches
- Removable firebox
- More cooking surface
- Slideable ashtray
- Adjustable charcoal pan
- Two Isolated front doors
Serve your huge gathering with a Dyno-Glo double zone premium grill, it offers you additional space for cooking with valuable features. They built it with stainless strong steel that makes it quite durable.
One of the most worthwhile features that differentiates it from other popular grills__it offers you two separate cooking zones with a separate heat control system.
Overall, Dual Zone Premium Charcoal Grill is the best option to serve generous gatherings with mouth-watering food. Let’s recap its worthy features.
- A removable firebox wall divides the cooking space. It’s simpler to cook two foods at different temperatures simultaneously.
- There is 816 square inches of area in total.
- The cleaning system comprises a slidable ashtray.
- There are side dampers and a chimney on the grill’s top side for more exact temperature control.
- It is possible to quickly add coals to each cooking area since there are two separate front doors for each cooking area.
- The usual features include two side shelves, a thermometer, a bottle opener, and wheels, among other things.
We also reviewed it under Best Charcoal Grill Under $500 .
- Brand: Royal Gourmet
- Cooking Space: 801 Square Inches
- Item Weight: 54.3 pounds
- Product Dimension: 53.7 x 28.2 x 48.8 inches
- Heat Resistant
- Ample Space
- Adjustable Pan
- Double Split Cooking Grates
- Swing-away Warming Rack
- Side Table with Three “S” Hooks
Here is the most versatile and extra-wide charcoal grill among Offset Smoker. High heat resistant grill and will not peel even at high temperature up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Increase your cooking experience and enjoy grilling and smoking at the same time.
It features vast cooking field to serve generous gatherings at outdoor parties. Furthermore, this grill is popular for its unique combination of very-large size and lightweight that most people look in their traditional grill for effortless mobility.
Overall, Royal Gourmet CC1830SC is quite simple to use, versatile, won’t peel, is affordable, and extremely -wide charcoal grill.
- 801 square inch giant cooking zone, 443 sq. inch space of porcelain-coated thin steel grates, 169 sq. inch space of chrome-plated warming rack plus 189 sq. inch space of offset smoker.
- A double-slit cooking grate in primary space and side door in offset smoker does it simply to add anthracite with ease.
- Swing Away chrome-plated heat rack holds your food good flavor and warm and quite useful to defrost meat quickly for fast BBQ.
- Adjustable air vents with a heat gauge enable you to control airflow and temperature efficiently while cooking.
- A 2-level adjustable anthracite grate extends your cooking experience with better heat control.
- Front and side steel shelves with S hooks provide you wide storage space while cooking.
- For safe grip, cool-touch spring handles.
- A removable pan offers you a straightforward ash cleanup option.
- Two durable gigantic wheels and lightweight for easy transport around the yard, patio, and garden.
- Top-Rated & Best Charcoal Grills Under $1000
- Best Charcoal Grill Under $500
- Best Outdoor Natural Gas Grills
How do you control heat on a large charcoal grill?
Most people think that the quantity of coal you use adjusts heat, but the correct answer depends on air vents and adjustable cooking grates. You can fluctuate heat up and down by modifying the air ducts and cooking grates.
Most large grills contain two air dampers – on the lid and base of the bowl. The more air you allow from dampers to go inside, the more heat grill will produce, but if you allow less air to go through dampers, the result will be the opposite, and the grill will produce less heat.
How long should charcoal be burned before grilling in a large charcoal grill?
Whether you have a large size grill or standard, let the coals or briquettes burn until they turn in white-grey ash. Typically, preheating takes at least 15 minutes before placing food on grates, and be sure to cover the lid to make the burning process as fast as possible. In addition, preheating the grill grates evenly before placing the meat on them will prevent food from sticking.
Buying Guide: What should I look for when buying an extra-large charcoal grill?
Here is what to know when buying a large charcoal grill.
Large charcoal grills are for outdoor use, so it is crucial to consider construction standards before purchasing. Get a weatherproof and rust-resistant grill.
They are well-made with durable materials for countless years of reliable use, and they also include a long-term warranty for using them without any worries.
Ease of Use:
While you have a reasonable size in mind, it is essential to consider how easy it is to use. Consider convenient factors like effortless cleaning, easy mobility, better temperature control, ventilation system, and extra storage space.
These simple features make the grilling process more straightforward and give you a more enjoyable experience.
Hot and fast? Low and slow? A combination of both? Your cooking requirements reflect what type of charcoal grill suits you most. But make sure the unit you buy is versatile in controlling air and temperature. It will allow your food to be cooked more evenly and tasty.
When you are buying something big, pay an excess. You will probably have a cheap quality grill that will not take much longer if you don’t.
Price also depends on the features you are getting. More features mean more to pay. So, consider the price point when you are purchasing a large grill.
Before buying something bulky, determine what kind of environment will it be used in? Will you need to move the grill around? Or is there a place to set it up permanently?
The last point to look for is significant, durable wheels. It will let you move that large charcoal grill smoothly around the backyard, lawn, garden, etc.
Most people love to grill outside with their loved ones. They expect they can grill for years with a one-time purchase. But in most cases, these grills start to get rusted and become a piece of garbage!
It is why spending time finding an extra large and durable charcoal grill is worth it. To save your time, we compiled this guide.
We discussed the five best-rated grills that will let you enjoy the quality of time with your family for years. Check the models mentioned above and pick the most appealing to you.