If you wondering about a new best charcoal grill under $150, you will find it in this guide.
I am going to show you the 6 good quality grills, these charcoal grills are fit for those who like the smokey and juicy flavor of the meat, which is better than any gas grills.
These charcoal grills are designed to provide fantastic results, incredible durability, and convenient features.
2. Overall Best: Oklahoma Joe’s 19402088 Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill
3. Best Portable: Char-Griller E06614 Charcoal Grill Under $150
4. Best Budget: Char-Broil 12201570-A1 American Gourmet Offset Smoker
5. Best features: Royal Gourmet CD1824E 24-inch Charcoal BBQ Grill
6. Simple & Best: Royal Gourmet CC1830F with Offset Smoker
I devoted hours researching, making a list, and reviewing these highly affordable charcoal grills. Worry about the lifespan of these cheap charcoal grills?
The products I reviewed in this guide will last longer and perform well. So, buy with confidence.
How to use a cheap charcoal grill?
The method of using these charcoal grills is like any other grill. But it would be best if you put some extra care while operating any cheap charcoal grill. Using a cheap $150 charcoal with care will last way longer and be worth your money.
Before using, make sure you assemble everything perfectly. Once assembled, put some charcoals and ignite them. Once the charcoals are ready to cook food, add your meal and enjoy quality time.
For a longer lifespan, clean your unit correctly each time you use it.
Best Charcoal Grill Under 150 Dollars In 2023
After consuming hours analyzing, our organization comes with 6 top-rated & the best charcoal grills under $150 in 2023. Go through the guide and pick the one according to your needs.
Check these in-depth discussions of the top-rated & best charcoal grills under 150 dollars of 2023.
1. Weber 741001 Original 22-Inch Grill
- Brand: Weber
- Unit Weight: 3.3 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 25 x 22.5 x 39.5 inches
- Straightforward Cleaning
- Exact Warmth Control
- Can bear extream temp
- High-quality Grate
- Shields Handle From Heat
- Premium Warmth Retention
- Convenient Lid Arrangement
- Long-lasting Wheels
Weber Charcoal is a highly recommended and best choice charcoal grill that available for under $150.
This charcoal grill is quite popular worldwide, not because it’s cheaper than other charcoal grills because of its outstanding quality and ultra-durability. This versatile charcoal grill helps us to carry out numerous outdoor cooking tasks with family and friends.
Unlike other different traditional bowl design grills, it finishes with a removable ash pan that allows you to empty the ash catcher with ease, instead of opening and empty the whole thing. Further, you can control the grill’s temperature without lifting the lid by quickly adjusting the dampers.
Overall, it is the best cheap charcoal grill you could ever possibly find somewhere. They designed the weber charcoal kettle grill with advanced techniques to cook up your desired meals_____the original kettle, invented by Weber’s founder.
There are numerous types of charcoal grilling; still, the traditional weber charcoal kettle grill remains the most iconic!
- A porcelain-enameled lid, lid handles, and bowl maintains heat and avoids getting too hot. This feature also prevents it from rusting, stripping, and cracking while high grilling temperatures.
- The one-touch cleaning system helps for easy clean-up after grilling.
- Removable and rust-resistant aluminum ash catcher.
- Three rust-resistant aluminum legs, out of two built-in wheels, which offer excellent stability and holding capacity.
- Rust-resistant aluminum dampers for precise temperature control inside the grills.
- Durable two wheels grant you to move your grill around the yard swiftly.
- Massive cooking surface space for 13 burgers at a time.
- Instructions for assembling this product are available through the BILT app with 3D interactivity.
2. Oklahoma Joe’s 19402088 Rambler Portable Charcoal Grill
- Brand: Oklahoma Joe’s
- Unit Weight: 48.5 lbs
- Cooking Space: 218 square in.
- Product Dimensions: 19.5 x 26.8 x 21.8 inches
- Moveable Charcoal Plate
- Front-Access, Removable Ash Pan
- Big Air Dampers for Airflow Maintenance
- Tough Side Handles
The Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal Grill is built-in heavy-duty steel with high-grade durability. This grill has a slight difference in features from the first one; that’s why it places second in the ranking list. Otherwise, quality is the most suited one which you can trust.
One of the most valuable features is its adjustable charcoal tray that we can adjust by lifting or lowering for low or high cooking temperatures.
Overall, The Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal Grill is the Best, versatile, portable, and editor’s choice.
- Removable two pieces cast-iron grill grates are thick and built-in 218 sq. in cooking surface; the surface is large enough to serve up to 10 burgers at once.
- An adjustable charcoal tray can raise and lower with side handles; For high cooking temperature, raise the tray. For low or slow cooking temperature, lower the tray.
- For easy access, a removable and easily slidable ash pan attached to the front side for hassle-free clean-up.
- They attach large dampers to the grill side helps to control and maintain both temperature and airflow.
- Two Sturdy side handles remain cool to touch during grilling allow you easy transport.
- Lid-mounted smokestack placed on the upside helps in airflow and temperature control.
3. Char-Griller E06614 Charcoal Grill Under $150
- Brand: Char-Griller
- Cooking Space: 153 sq. in.
- Unit Weight: 37 Pounds
- Product Dimension: 20.5 x 21.5 x 25.3 Inches
- Steel Build
- Simple Warmth Control
- Moveable Damper
- Portable for Grilling on the Go
Again here is a small size portable, kamado-style, and versatile Char-Griller E06614 under $150 for you. This versatile grill/smoker will efficiently maintain cooking temperatures (varying from 200 to 700 degrees Fahrenheit.) It can provide you quick sear meat at high temperatures; instead, you can also enjoy low and slow roast for a smokey flavor.
This char-griller built-in tripled-walled 22 gauge solid steel increases its temperature maintenance capacity.
Char-Griller E06614 built with modern techniques and provides you best performance. Overall, this cheap portable charcoal grill is a trustable and highly demanded small-sized option for under $150.
- It is built and design with 22 gauge solid steel; the Exterior finish is powder-coated solid steel, the interior is porcelain coated solid steel.
- It features triple-walled that maintain heat and precisely controls cooking temperature (varying from 200-700 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- It has 153 sq. inches cast iron grill space and is best for grilling in the parks, camping, or in the backyard.
- Attached with an adjustable top damper that controls airflow and heat/temperature.
- Attached with bottom dampers that control airflow for proper temperature maintenance.
- Two durable handles for smooth portability and grilling for outside cooking plans.
Also, recommended: Best Charcoal Grill For Steaks .
4. Char-Broil 12201570-A1 American Gourmet Offset Smoker
- Brand: Char-Broil
- Cooking Area: 430 Square Inches
- Item Weight: 38 Pounds
- Item Dimension: 17.5 x 46.25 x 44.75 Inches
- 430 sq in Total Cooking Surface
- Complete Heat and Smoke Control
- Integrated Temperature Gauge
- Simple & Easy Clean Up System
- Convenience Features
- Increased Mobility
If you are looking for a combo charcoal smoker with a charcoal grill under 150 dollars, the Char-Broil 12201570-A1 is the perfect and suitable choice for you!
It has a massive cooking area of 430 sq in total, made with solid steel, which makes it extra durable and long-lasting.
Overall, it is the best choice with the best affordable price, effortless to use, and enjoying outdoor cooking plans with family and friends no more than eight people.
- Suitable for both smoking and grilling.
- A massive cooking surface of 430 sq. provides you space of about 18 burgers; the main chamber has 290 sq, cooking surface, and you can also grill in the 140 sq. in the firebox.
- Multiple dampers are available which adjust the airflow that controls the temperature & heat inside the cooking chamber.
- Firebox finishes with clean-out door for immediate and easy ash removal.
- Char-broil features a side shelf for utensils and a cool-touch handle to protect your hands.
- Attached temperature gauge and a big smoke stack for monitoring inside temperature and heat.
- It stands on two stationary legs and two large wheels that increase the smoker’s mobility around your yards or patio
Check also: Best Heavy Duty Charcoal Grills .
5. Royal Gourmet CD1824E 24-inch BBQ Grill
- Brand: Royal Gourmet
- Cooking Space: 474 Square Inches
- Product Weight: 54.9 Pounds
- Item Dimension: 47.6 x 21.7 x 46.1 inches
- Spacious Cooking Area
- Height-adjustable Charcoal Pan
- Easy to Add Coals
- No Fussy Clean-up
- Precise Heat Control
- Integrated Thermometer
- Ample Space for Food Preparation
- Easy to Transport
Royal Gourmet 24-inch charcoal grill is most suitable for all kinds of outdoor cooking activities with vast cooking space, from garden gatherings to camping parties with family and friends.
The cooking area of 474 square inches in total provides you massive cooking space, which further combines 368 square inches cooking area in the porcelain-enameled grill grate and 106 square inches cooking area on the stainless steel warming shelf. It features with hight- adjustable charcoal bucket, which is quite helpful.
Overall, Royal Gourmet Charcoal BBQ Grill with convenient features seems to be the best choice with the best deal under $150. So don’t hesitate to buy this product and take a glance at the features below.
- A huge, two-tiered charcoal pan that can hold up to five pounds of charcoal at a time. Lifting handles will let you modify the temperature accordingly.
- In all, there is 800 sq. in. of cooking space. The porcelain grill grates are 438 square inches, and the combined offset smoker is 183 square inches.
- Swing-Away also offers 179 square in. of area.
- There are side doors to assist in adding charcoal.
- Dampers, a thermometer, and a big smokestack are all available to ensure that both ventilation and temperature are maintained while grilling is taking place.
- The front and bottom shelves give you more working areas and storage for items.
- Two sturdy wheels allow for simple movement around.
Recommended: Best Air Fryer For 1 Person .
6. Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill & Offset Smoker CC1830F
- Brand: Royal Gourmet
- Cooking Space: 800 sq. in.
- Unit Weight: 57 lbs
- Product Dimension: 45.3 x 26.8 x 48 in.
- Broad Cooking Area
- Changeable Charcoal Plate
- Readable Temp
- Penetrate Charcoal Pan
- Chill-touch Handles
- Absolute Smoke Control
CC1830F comes at a reasonable price. It is a recommended model for beginners and pros because it is more comfortable to operate than a large gas grill. In addition, it delivers 800 inches area of cooking space.
Overall, the Royal CC1830F offers excellent performance. This model is an attractive option for having a smoky and juicy taste. It offers all the essential features that will let you grill with ease.
Let’s discuss it further.
- A huge, two-tiered charcoal pan that can hold up to five pounds of charcoal at a time. Lifting handles let the user manage the warmth accurately.
- In all, there is 800 sq. in. of cookery space.
- Swing-Away racks give an extra 179 sq. in. space.
- Adding charcoal is simple via the side door.
- Dampers, a thermometer, and a giant smokestack are all available to ensure that both ventilation and temperature are maintained while grilling is taking place.
- Its two sturdy wheels let the user take it anywhere with ease.
FAQ Regarding $150 Charcoal Gill
These are the questions people ask us while buying an affordable charcoal grill.
Which are the best charcoal grills under $150?
Different charcoal grills are available at different prices in today’s market. Most brands offer the same features grills with different price tags.
However, charcoal grills are widely popular because of just one reason: they grill food with more delicious and naturally smoky flavors.
That’s the reason it’s essential to choose the best quality charcoal grill from a trusted brand that also fits your budget.
If you don’t know which one is best for you, let us suggest, SmartKitchens.Review presents you with well-made charcoal grills from reputable brands that won’t break your bank.
We highly recommend going with Weber 741001 if your budget is around $150.
Which grill is better to buy for under $150, propane or charcoal grill?
Charcoal grills are an affordable alternative to those expensive gas or electric grill models. Even the cheapest charcoal grills generate higher temperatures than gas grills and are better than most expensive electric grills.
Because charcoal grills are outdoor grills, manufacturers use rust-resistant, durable materials to protect them from the weather for outdoor use, so when buying cheap charcoal grills, always expect something durable.
Do you have to clean a charcoal grill every time?
In short, the answer is yes. It is always best to clean the charcoal ash gathered at the grill’s bottom and clean the food particles off the grates after each use to keep it in top condition and maximize longevity.
Also, for proper maintenance of your charcoal grill, clean all parts of it when the grilling season is ending and starting. Or fix your specific one or two times around the year.
Buying guide: All you need to know about the best charcoal grill under $150
Here are some things to keep in mind when buying a charcoal grill for less than $150.
Whether you are looking for charcoal grills under $1000 or less than $150, cooking space remains the most crucial factor that you can’t overlook.
Cooking space is based on the size of the grill, and there are many small, medium, and large-sized charcoal grills are available for your consideration. So, choose one that meets your requirements.
Ease Of Use:
Select a unit with convenient features, an effortless cleaning ashtray, a venting system for better temperature control, and a temperature gauge for temperature monitoring.
Since different models offer various types of the entrance to charcoal, we recommend you buy a charcoal grill that offers easy access to add or remove charcoal to make the overall grilling process easy.
Ease Of Cleaning:
Another important factor you must consider when buying a charcoal grill is how easy it is to clean. Few charcoal grills feature a pull-out ashtray that makes cleaning a breeze. Also, some charcoal grills come with an additional door that lets you easily remove the ash without touching or removing the grates.
The charcoal grills come with various grate materials from cast iron to stainless steel and porcelain-coated. Each grate material has its benefits, so nothing is wrong while choosing grill grate material.
If you love those bold sear marks, porcelain grates are the best choice for you. However, heavy stainless steel and cast-iron grill grates are the best options for long-lasting durability and creating even-grilled food.
To properly cook food on a charcoal grill, you need to control the heat and temperature level. Air vents or dampers above and below the unit will assist you in regulating airflow and temperature.
These dampers use oxygen as fuel to burn charcoal, and you can easily adjust them as per your food requirement. For instance, less air means low heat, and more air means a hotter fire. So the more vents you have on the charcoal grill, the better the overall grilling process will be.
We always love to assist our readers in finding the best products of their choice. This time, you visited this page because your price limit is $150 and you want the best charcoal grill under this price range. Either you pick the first one or the last one, they make these products of tough quality and will never disappoint you. Be assured, cheap price doesn’t mean cheap in quality.
We reviewed every durable model available for this price limit, but if you want only the best, you should go for Weber and char griller. It is the best charcoal grill under 150 dollars. Weber and Kamado both are excellent in quality versatility and the most useful in features in this range.
If you already researched for a budget charcoal grill, you might know it is difficult to find the best charcoal grill under $150. It is why we enlisted and reviewed the best ones. If you like our guide, you can also check our other blog guides for different kitchens products that will let you buy the best products only.
We hope you find the right model! If yes, make sure you share this guide to others. 🙂